36 stripe color

vette-kid

Since I can't find and exact code or paint chip, I'm just going with what I like.   Narrowed it down to these two.   The blue green color is a59 dodge truck color, the other one is just a paint chip from home depot 😅.  Leaning towards the dodge color right now.   This is just the pinstripe, wheel stripe and headlight chevron.   Original color is "spring green #2" but there's no reference for that color. 

20240208_154721.jpg

Are you stripping it yourself or having it striped? The reason I ask is because of the type of paint stripers use. I couldn't find any references on striping colors on my Dodge either, and the Dodge stripe color I needed was a Whorl Pool Green, so I picked a color from the specialty paint the striper had. They usually use the "One Shot" lettering paints that flow easily and dry quickly. This is the shade I used, don't remember what color it is. Just a thought.

striped.JPG

• Like 1

I'll have someone do the stripe on the side and wheels.   I'll do the chevron myself.  I plan to supply the paint.  My paint guy knows it's for lettering/ striping paint. 

I love your wheels!  Mine won't be two tone like that, but the stripe is similar.  Not sure if I want the outer stripe or perhaps one on the hubcap instead of black

I painted the wheels myself. When I was laying out the sunburst pattern I made a template out of plastic that fit into the opening between the spokes and traced around it. This centered the points on each spoke. I carefully taped off the pattern with thin pinstripe masking tape because it's easiest to form and gives a crisp edge. I did have a professional do the pinstriping, all done freehand. I don't think that the Plymouth wheels had the sunburst pattern done, but I could be wrong.

• Like 1

I do, but I don't think that it will fit your wheels. The Plymouth wheels are shaped differently as the holes are smaller and more oval shaped than the Dodge. I'll post a pic later to show you what my template looks like, I'm sure you could make something easily.

• Like 2

Here's the pics of the template for the starburst pattern on '36 Dodge wheels.  The face plate is angled to match the hub. This centers each star point the same on each spoke. Might give you an idea of how to make something for your wheels.

templat 1.jpg

template 2.jpg

• Like 2