An interesting website/blog with lots of older cars (current drivers) found parked on the street.

I just ran across this website picturing lots of cars not usually seen being driven everyday and parked out in the street. Not too unusual for California, but it may surprise our northeastern members Take a peek - you may enjoy looking at these until you can get back outside with your own ride.

https://californiastreets.blogspot.com/

Edited by Dave Wells (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• Dave Wells changed the title to An interesting website/blog with lots of older cars (current drivers) found parked on the street.

Guy up in the Portland Oregon area was doing the same thing. I met him sometime around 2018 or 2019 when he asked to take photos of whatever car I was driving at the time, don't remember if it was my 48 F2 or the Model T huckster. I lost track of the blog. 

On 2/4/2024 at 1:02 AM, Mark Gregush said:

Guy up in the Portland Oregon area was doing the same thing. I met him sometime around 2018 or 2019 when he asked to take photos of whatever car I was driving at the time, don't remember if it was my 48 F2 or the Model T huckster. I lost track of the blog. 

I used to live in Portland and that's one of the few things I miss about it. You tend to take for granted that old rust-free cars are everywhere. Not so much in Illinois. 

Edited by drhach (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 2/4/2024 at 1:02 AM, Mark Gregush said:

Might it have been Portland Parked Cars? I've been following an Instagram page that goes by that name for years now. That guy finds a lot of gems.

A couple others I can think of, for those of you on Instagram:

Parked on the Side Streets (NYC)

Parked in Seattle (PNW)

I've always wanted to start a blog of that sort. Carspotting and sharing it with my friends is fun. I just don't know if sharing on the internet without the owner's consent would be acceptable... although having someone's consent prior to sharing anything of theirs online (including their very image) nowadays seems to be an antiquated concept. 😅