I want to ID a Dodge chassis

JACK M

It was represented as a 1928 three ton Dodge truck. It is totally disassembled, and I will be parting it once I am sure just what it is.

Would anyone here know where I should look for the chassis number so I can be sure of the year and such?

It's pretty rusty and in my experience these numbers are not very visible even on a clean chassis.

2 hours ago, JACK M said:

It was represented as a 1928 three ton Dodge truck. It is totally disassembled, and I will be parting it once I am sure just what it is.

Would anyone here know where I should look for the chassis number so I can be sure of the year and such?

It's pretty rusty and in my experience these numbers are not very visible even on a clean chassis.

I guess it's too much to deal with? 

Keep me in the loop and I may make the trek to Oregon. I really don't want to see it parted so please at least consider.

I went back to find the old thread regarding the truck you're speaking of and it's a F-41 with the  Z engine. 1931-34 are the years it was made and the serial number sequence falls within the model charts. Not many were made. 

The serial tag is on the firewall. They didn't have frame #'s on the F series trucks as far as I'm aware. 

image.png.4281b0d8a8b464fe3dabbe8ce527cc03.png

image.png.056154e73bbe4fac0ca4f0abc424b9d4.png

image.png.c8f99719e52f3fc554ff6641f149c48b.png

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

OK, thanks for this reminder, I guess I could have found this info if I wasn't so lazy.

Is that tag you show the one on this truck? Did Scott take that picture?

I still have all this stuff loaded up in my pick up and on my trailer.

What is left of the cab is stuffed under the rolling chassis and I can't seem to get any help unloading.

No hurry I guess, and if someone was to want it, It would be handy to not have to load it all up again.

My 28 Victory six has a frame number (lightly stamped, but I found it) so I was thinking that maybe there would be something similar on this truck.

I just went back thru the old posts and found that Scott did indeed post the S/N pic.

I will save the coil for you.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JACK M said:

OK, thanks for this reminder, I guess I could have found this info if I wasn't so lazy.

Is that tag you show the one on this truck? Did Scott take that picture?

I still have all this stuff loaded up in my pick up and on my trailer.

What is left of the cab is stuffed under the rolling chassis and I can't seem to get any help unloading.

No hurry I guess, and if someone was to want it, It would be handy to not have to load it all up again.

My 28 Victory six has a frame number (lightly stamped, but I found it) so I was thinking that maybe there would be something similar on this truck.

I just went back thru the old posts and found that Scott did indeed post the S/N pic.

I will save the coil for you.

Thanks again.

Try reaching out to Bob Scafani, he may know someone that's looking for a complete project in NoCal. Much closer than AZ...

If not, again keep me in the loop and I'll see if I can make the trek (might be spring after winter before I can make it though).