1975 Chevy C65 Dump

This is a model of my son's Chevy truck that is still in use today. Frame, bumper, mirrors, end gate and bed are scratch built. Cab, hood and fenders are from a newer kit but the hood and fenders were shortened to match the shorter front end of the C65. Wheels came from an L700 Dodge kit. A friend kindly 3D printed the grille. The one in the photo was just a trial fit part. last two shots are of the real truck.

DSC02366.JPG

DSC02369.JPG

DSC02371.JPG

DSC02384.JPG

DSC02377.JPG

DSC02385.JPG

DSC02393.JPG

DSC02394.JPG

DSC02395.JPG

DSC02392.JPG

Doug's Truck 1.jpg

Doug's Truck 2.jpg

Doug's Truck 3.jpg

Doug's Truck 4.jpg

Doug's Truck 5.jpg

Doug's Truck 6.jpg

Doug's Truck 7.jpg

Doug's Truck 8.jpg

Doug's Truck 9.jpg

Doug's Truck 10.jpg

DSC02390.JPG

DSC02359.JPG

DSC02360.JPG

• Like 1

Hi Terry,

It is in 1/25 scale. Nanty- Glo is a small old mining town near Johnstown Pa. It's was, at it's origin, a predominately Welsh settled town, but over the years many different ethnicities settled here. The name means "Streams Of Coal", and it was incorporated in 1918. Unfortunately, only a very few small mines in the area still exist! The spot were the real trucks are sitting was once a rail bed for shipping coal. My wife's home is directly across the street.

• Like 2

I knew the name was associated with coal, just got the wrong side of the state.  I grew up in the anthracite coal area, Pottsville, Minersville, Hazelton, ect.  Great job on the this truck and the others you have posted.