hello excuse me I am French .Buick 1950 super

hello excuse me I am French and I write with googler: I have installed a new neutral safety switch and it works well but since I no longer have a blinker of reversing lights and the brake light no longer lights up when the rolled car; everything works in a parking and neutral position; I do not know what to do know what I have to settle: thank you

https://www.facebook.com/100013117665199/videos/1290549405143820/

I've attached the wiring diagram.  It looks like the neutral safety switch traces back to the fuse block and shares the same fuse as the back-up (or reversing) lights or maybe it is the directional signal fuse (I can't tell for sure from the diagram.   Maybe check those fuses to see if you burned out the fuse while replacing the neutral safety switch?  You may have let the wire touch some metal under the dashboard.

1950-buick-chassis-wiring-circuit-diagram-first-series-40-with-direction-signals.jpg

• Like 2

if the switch is a direct replacement for what is changed then a wire is on the wrong side of the switch. This is allowing power to pass in park and neutral but not when in another position. The affected wiring will need to be moved to the permanent hot side of the switch.

Steve