For Sale: 1930 Ford Model A Deluxe Coupe - $12,500 - Vacaville, CA - Not Mine

For Sale: 1930 Ford Model A Deluxe Coupe - $12,500 - Vacaville, CA

1930 Ford for sale by owner - Vacaville, CA - craigslist
Seller's Description:

1930 Ford Model A Deluxe Coupe Dual Side Mounts Tires. Rebuilt engine and new clutch, starts right up and runs and drives great. $12500 firm.
Copy and paste in your email: fe1d41b116733a8f90ba7ddda4840166@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1930 Ford Model A Deluxe Coupe.

'30 Ford Model A CA a.jpg

'30 Ford Model A CA b.jpg

'30 Ford Model A CA c.jpg

'30 Ford Model A CA d.jpg

'30 Ford Model A CA e.jpg

'30 Ford Model A CA f.jpg

'30 Ford Model A CA g.jpg

'30 Ford Model A CA h.jpg

'30 Ford Model A CA i.jpg

'30 Ford Model A CA j.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, f.f.jones said:

As a potential buyer, is there really a $2000. difference between these two coupes (other than $2000 in asking price)?   ---   that's roughly 20%

My opinion. And I am certainly not a model A expert, although I have been around them for a long time and have many friends that love them and drive theirs a lot!

The color on both cars in not correct. To a lot of the model A crowd, that really matters. To a lot of the drive and enjoy owners? Not a big deal. The yellow one annoys me, for one silly reason. Back in the 1970s, the model A crowd prevailing wisdom was that any factory color used on any year or body style could be used on any other year or body style car. Frankly, I have read some conflicting information about the factory yellow. A few things I have read indicated that yellow might have been available on some sport roadsters or touring cars. But I have never been convinced of that, and even if it was, it was not common. The one and only body style in the model A lineup that was in fact usually yellow was the cabriolet, from 1929 through 1931 (if I recall correctly?). However, back in the 1970s/'80s, literally hundreds of coupes were painted yellow when they were restored! It just looks wrong to me, and back then it was "yellow coupe" overload.

The brown coupe makes a comment about the seats being "decent", while the yellow coupe has pictures of a pretty nice looking interior. Both cars have rumble seats (which I really like!). Both cars need a fair amount of detailing that I noticed. The yellow one looks a bit nicer/ But the yellow one also has a sealed beam headlamp conversion (personally, I don't like those).

Personally, from ten feet away? I like the brown one better. However, I suspect the interior in the yellow one might be worth the additional $2000.

One in New Hampshire? One in California. I would say the shipping costs dictate the better buy.

As always, a personal inspection is always advisable!

Over the years, I have seen a lot of cars that looked nice in photos, but upon closer inspection were found to have significant amounts of damage and really bad repairs.

You asked. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3