1963 Ford Galaxie 500 XL Convertible - 390/auto - Canada - 35k CAD - Not Mine - Sold for 25k

I think I have the same comment on 95% of the cars in this thread. Seems overpriced for what it is. Looks like they went heavy on the interior with armor all, the paint looks ok at best, it may polish up and the engine bay is horrible! Top of the core support looks like paint over rust. Probably 20% higher asking than what it should be. Seems everyone wants #1 money for a #3 car.

Other than that it looks like a pretty decent car, dad had 64 ranch wagon as his work car when I was a kid, so Im kinda partial to the body style.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2023 at 8:09 AM, TAKerry said:

I think I have the same comment on 95% of the cars in this thread. Seems overpriced for what it is. Looks like they went heavy on the interior with armor all, the paint looks ok at best, it may polish up and the engine bay is horrible! Top of the core support looks like paint over rust. Probably 20% higher asking than what it should be. Seems everyone wants #1 money for a #3 car.

Other than that it looks like a pretty decent car, dad had 64 ranch wagon as his work car when I was a kid, so Im kinda partial to the body style.

So you werne't wrong. It needed some interior work (work driver seats...seems to be a thing), and the paint needs love. Not damaged, but it definitely needs a refresh. And that engine bay...ya it's rough, but it's not rust. It's like the stripping was ripped off and no-one gave a damn about making it not look like crap. I expect that it's a symptom of the reason why it's being sold (aka the owner can't keep up with the matienence needed sadly)

Sadly there was no data plate where it should have been (and I couldn't find the VIN, although I could have missed it.). Moved that discussion to the thread below

Edited by theconvertibleguy (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • theconvertibleguy changed the title to 1963 Ford Galaxie 500 XL Convertible - 390/auto - Canada - 35k CAD - Not Mine - Sold for 25k