Hupmobil 29 engine

rubenyayu

Hi every body, im Ruben from spain and im restorating a pontiac 33 that it comes with a hupmobil engine. The engine runs but i would like to change some parts like water pump or fuel pump. where i can get does pieces and some books about this engine??

best regards and thanks in advance

ruben

20231207_082849.jpg

20231207_082902.jpg

pontiac.jpg

Talk to someone in the Hupp club or contact the Hupmobile Register in Australia. You probably need to look at the serial number on the side of the engine - the letter prefix will tell you the model - in this case I suspect it is series A.

Olsens gaskets in the US can do gasket sets, I believe distributor caps and points are available and people in the relevant clubs have reproduced some parts for these.

My car that uses that engine has a vacuum fuel system and not a pump. I think someone has reproduced water pump impellers.

Steve

• Like 1

On 12/8/2023 at 11:39 AM, Fordy said:

Talk to someone in the Hupp club or contact the Hupmobile Register in Australia. You probably need to look at the serial number on the side of the engine - the letter prefix will tell you the model - in this case I suspect it is series A.

Olsens gaskets in the US can do gasket sets, I believe distributor caps and points are available and people in the relevant clubs have reproduced some parts for these.

My car that uses that engine has a vacuum fuel system and not a pump. I think someone has reproduced water pump impellers.

Steve

thanks Fordy, it was a good help. Im talking with olsens gaskets and i will get one of their products. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JFranklin said:

This is where 3D printing may be real helpful in our hobby.

Agreed - I already have used it on spark / throttle levers and fuel gauge housings for the Model R and am impressed by the results. I went a direct to aluminium print and they polish nicely, and very little machine work is needed. The material is surprisingly a lot harder than billet.

Steve

• Like 1