1950 Buick interior floor

Mr. Reed

On the floor is there a dimmer switch grommet or is it just the switch bolted to the floor thru the carpet? Thanks. Can't seem to find one for the 50. Also does anyone have the flap oil board that goes in the trunk against the rear seats? grey textured in color.

11 minutes ago, Mr. Reed said:

On the floor is there a dimmer switch grommet or is it just the switch bolted to the floor thru the carpet? Thanks. Can't seem to find one for the 50. Also does anyone have the flap oil board that goes in the trunk against the rear seats? grey textured in color.

I am confused by your post.  All series Bucks of that era had a "toe dimmer switch".  The 50 series, if memory serves, was the designation for the least expensive series, which was produced with a rubber floor mat.  The "grommet" for the dimmer switch was part of the moulded floor mat.

Yes, the more expensive series had carpeting...and the carpet was fitted with a rubber grommet for the toe/dimmer switch.   I believe Steele has them.  No law that I am aware of says you can't put rugs into your 50 series. I wont tell...!

• Thanks 1

The super was the mid level trim car and mine has the rubber mat which I removed to put new carpet in and maybe find another rubber mat to go in it's place. I wasn't sure if it had a grommet around the switch itself on the floor or went into the carpet and it rotted away or was missing when the mat came out. I didn't see anything on the mat but maybe I overlooked it.