For Sale: 1953 Studebaker Champion Starlight Coupe - Project - $5,000 - Evansville, IN - Not Mine - SOLD!

For Sale: 1953 Studebaker Champion Starlight Coupe - Project - $5,000 - Evansville, IN - SOLD!

1953 studebaker champion for sale by owner - Evansville, IN - craigslist
Seller's Description:

PROJECT non-driving car with new tires (replacing the older wide whites) and radiator, that runs, shifts, has exhaust system, and steers, but needs brake system—for which I have all the parts! Also has new fuel pump, another carb, and nicer used steering wheel. 6-cylinder engine runs smoothly off a bottle as you can see in a video I can send—but smokes a lot when warm. Older restoration that sat for a long time. Body very solid with some floorboard rot and sagging doors but mainly surface rust and some previous repairs. I have too many projects to address this one, so even though I just traded for it, I have cleaned it up and done some work but am bailing on it. transmission: manual.  BRING A TRAILER for this rare treasure! Any trades need to be up and roadworthy.
Copy and paste in your email: 82fbdb209780399abe6015db56937584@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1953 Studebaker Champion Starlight Coupe - Project.

'53 studebaker champion IN a.jpg

'53 studebaker champion IN c.jpg

'53 studebaker champion IN d.jpg

'53 studebaker champion IN e.jpg

'53 studebaker champion IN b.jpg

'53 studebaker champion IN f.jpg

'53 studebaker champion IN g.jpg

'53 studebaker champion IN h.jpg

'53 studebaker champion IN i.jpg

'53 studebaker champion IN j.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
SOLD!!! (see edit history)

17 hours ago, 7th Son said:

If rust were gold, this old Stude would be worth millions.

Such is the power of this design that cars as rough as this one still gets restored.  Its kept Classic Enterprises, supplier of reproduction auto body parts and panels, in business for decades, plus myriad other Studebaker-specific parts suppliers.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 11/6/2023 at 8:59 PM, 7th Son said:

If rust were gold, this old Stude would be worth millions.

I actually owned that exact car for a while before selling it, other than the driver's side floor pan and one hole in the fender, as far as rust went it was surprisingly solid and only went skin deep. 90% surface rust, and looked a million times worse than it actually was. Ended up buying it back and I'm working on the restoration currently!

• Like 2

On 11/7/2023 at 2:22 PM, 58L-Y8 said:

Such is the power of this design that cars as rough as this one still gets restored.  Its kept Classic Enterprises, supplier of reproduction auto body parts and panels, in business for decades, plus myriad other Studebaker-specific parts suppliers.

It's not as rough as it looks, not to say it isn't rough lol. The pictures make the rust issues look a lot worse than they actually were, just really ugly surface rust for the most part. The whole car is remarkably solid.

• Like 2

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1953 Studebaker Champion Starlight Coupe - Project - $5,000 - Evansville, IN - Not Mine - SOLD!