1932 Dictator production info

ddavis

There were supposedly 6021 of the Dictators made that year. Can anyone help me find out how many for each model type?

As in :  

Coupe, for two

Coupe, for four

St. Regis

Sedan, for five

Convertible Roadster, for five

convertible Sedan, for five

Eventually I would like to determine how many of the Model 62 were produced.

Thanks NZ and Starlight! It seems amazing, with all the parts documentation that exists, that there would be a loss of this information. I know 1932/1933 was desolate time for Studebaker (and many manufacturers), but I wonder if there was a fire that destroyed records or if the loss is related to the bankruptcy. 

I will keep up the search but sounds like I might have to resort to estimating to approximate total number of model 62's- I am guessing around 4000 of the 6000 were the 62 sedans. And attempting how to approximate how many were destroyed entirely, and then how many were stripped and converted to hot rods, could be less than 1000 left in the world that are as original and complete as mine.

3 hours ago, ddavis said:

Thanks NZ and Starlight! It seems amazing, with all the parts documentation that exists, that there would be a loss of this information. I know 1932/1933 was desolate time for Studebaker (and many manufacturers), but I wonder if there was a fire that destroyed records or if the loss is related to the bankruptcy. 

I will keep up the search but sounds like I might have to resort to estimating to approximate total number of model 62's- I am guessing around 4000 of the 6000 were the 62 sedans. And attempting how to approximate how many were destroyed entirely, and then how many were stripped and converted to hot rods, could be less than 1000 left in the world that are as original and complete as mine.

I wouldn't be surprised if the actual number of survivors 'as original and complete' as yours could be counted on your fingers.

My 1929 model GE Dictator cabriolet is one of several hundred built 0 mine is number 457. I think there are four known survivors in the US, of which I think only one is restored. Mine is the only known right hand drive example.

• 2 months later...