1939-40 Studebaker Champion brake shoes needed

due to a big mistake, I am now missing all the brake shoes for my 1939-40 Studebaker Champion.  Any help is appreciated.  If i cannot find replacements, can anyone suggest other options?  Can I retrofit 1941 Commander brakes?  Or brakes from the 50s? I know it would be more than just shoes.  What other options do I have?  Thank you, Chad

I'm presuming you have your drums and 4 lug wheels. The 41 Commander brakes are bigger and have a 5x5 pattern like the postwar trucks. 

I think you're on the right track but don't have the expertise on champion stuff. I did confirm postwar half ton brake guts could be used on a 41 Commander if I used everything from backing plate out... but heck I don't even know the drum diameter for a prewar champion. 

I am almost certain you could never get the Commander brakes on a Champion.  Diff and front spindles are very different.  However, Turner was working on a disc brake kit for the prewar Champion.  I saw a car at the Mansfield meet with it installed.  That might get you better brakes and cut your problem in half.  NOS shoes show up on e-bay from time to time, I got a set a few years ago.  If they are bonded assume they are only good for cores..

Nathan