New Nash Owner (1949 Ambassador)

I just bought a 1949 Nash Ambassador 4-door Custom.  It has 44K original miles, and is an HPOF certified car, with the original paint, chrome, and interior.  It has the factory radio, backup lights, clock, and dual spotlights (all working). I have always loved to look of the cars, and probably had flashbacks of 'The Adventures of Superman' when I saw it yesterday.  I drove it today and was amazed at the performance, handling, and braking.  Much better than I expected from a 74-year-old car! It has new tires, brakes, and wiring harness, and needs very little.  I would like to find a clean rear bumper, as the one on the car rusted badly around the right bumper guard and it has been painted. I spent tonight going through eBay finding things to buy - first purchase was an original factory shop manual. 

nash_dash.jpg

nash_driver_interior.jpg

nash_engine_left.jpg

nash_lf.jpg

nash_lr.jpg

Edited by Bob Stein
added images (see edit history)
  • Like 5

Hi

Congratulations on becoming the next conservator of this 1949 Nash Ambassador Custom 4dr Sedan.  They are iconic cars of the postwar era when streamlining was all the rage in the car industry.   I recommend you join the Nash Car Club which is one of the friendliest, most helpful and welcoming clubs around.  Although not a Nash owner myself, I have attended three of their "Nashional" club meets here in Western New York, found them to be a great group of folks.

Steve