WTB Transmission and Drive Shaft for 1928 Fargo panel

I need a transmission and drive shaft, as well as some brake lines and tires for a 1928 Fargo Express, 1/2 ton panel delivery.

The truck has a straight six cylinder engine which has a number beginning with “J”. I know this number does not appear on the numerous lists of Dodge, Plymouth, Chrysler, Fargo and DeSoto vehicles, and I REALLY don’t know why.

It says “SILVERDOME” on the head, so I must assume it is a Chrysler Corp engine.

Any help with a transmission and drive shaft, or even a educated guess at what other Chrysler vehicles used this engine will be appreciated.

JackIMG_1669.jpeg.0e893044b25901c58ea5830d76942ebd.jpeg

IMG_1718.jpeg

IMG_1709.jpeg

IMG_1717.jpeg

IMG_1714.jpeg

IMG_1663.jpeg

On 10/15/2023 at 9:47 AM, 28 Chrysler said:

The drive shaft you may want to have a modern one made to fit.

Post the head part number it is left side by the #5 spark plug to help ID the engine.

Gottcha’ 28 Chrysler. I have the head in my shop, and it will be a bit before I get back out there.

I’ll check the number and get back with you.

The head will have a serial number starting with 7, if I remember correctly. I know

The motor ,without doubt is a 1928 Chrysler model 72 the serial number is on the block driver side above the water jacket covers, under the head ans behind the water pump. The motor is rhe same as a 1929 Chrysler model 75. I don’t  know if I have a 72 but do have 2 , 75s. E mail me , I'm at my hunting camp until I get a deer.  Astheime@ptd.net,  you may also call after dark, Pa. Time 610 462 3631

Jay