1949 Oldsmobile 88 rocker moldings install help.

Seedee

Title says it all. When I got my Olds 88 few years back the rocker moldings weren't with the vehicle, fast forward to now. I have the moldings but have no clue how to install these! The clips as shown below are the only thing I can find for the moldings.

Screenshot_20231013-215553.png.c2a89d5f17c7091136e91fff5ad772b3.pngThe parts book that I have says that you need 22 of these  Now on my car there's no sign where you can "screw" these to or a spot what a J clip where go! All I can find was this on the inner rockers but there is no hole out the outer rocker panelreceived_974799373736631.jpeg.437e4251f76e1051c5f6700e54a732cd.jpeg

So are the rocker panels supposed to have holes where you attach the clips to?!

If anyone can shed any light on how I go about putting them would be great

Look on the car's body data plate and see if there's a D suffix after the body style number.

D indicates deluxe trim which included additional exterior mouldings. The rocker panel strips may have been part of the Deluxe option.

Only other thing I can think of is the holes may have been filled during body and paint work if the rocker mouldings weren't available. The picture doesn't really look like that, though.