1935 Studebaker tail lights

Another 35 Studebaker question, my 35 only has one tail light. Was 2 an option? Did the one on the right still have a license plate light on top? I have seen some for sale and all seem to have the whitish lens on top. Is there a right and a left specifically and how do you tell if it's rt or left ? Thanks

Two types of housings. One type of light housing is a metal casting, and one is a metal stamping. I have never been able to figure out the significance.

1934 and 1935 are the same. You could order the standard looking one, or there was also a different accessory light that you could get from Studebaker, if yours only came stock with one (I think that was only on the Dictator). This accessory light is different looking than the standard looking one. Different shape, and has a bubble lens, pretty unattractive. I have only seen it on one actual car. I'll see if I can find the Accessory Sheet, and post later this week.

I have been acquiring 1934- 1935 parts since 1997. I may be able to help with some of your needs.

Edited by George Rohrbach (see edit history)