Free in Detroit: 1918 Dort Touring Frame / Chassis

Nate Dort

1918 Dort Touring Frame/Chassis. Includes front axle, spindles, steering rack and all four leaf springs as shown in photos.

Free, but you need to come get it in the next couple weeks, otherwise I'll be forced to scrap it as I need the garage space back. Turn it into something cool, I've already got my hands full. 😄

Located near Detroit.

AIL4fc-cF50CY93hHjcpUseSgSGyY6jlZgXOkYax

AIL4fc-wxmTWjL-ZDsFUFxEKTol2W3jczRMsDBus

AIL4fc8emYLFwnnPYAMksXCDMftiJPK1QmsVJ0OA

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheYorkBell said:

Hello, I'm very interested in this frame for my 1918 Bell Motor Car project - Could you please private message me (its saying I can't send you a message) as I'd rather not post my phone number out on the forum. 

Thank you, 

- J

Seems like we're both in the same boat. We both don't have a high enough post count to send each other a message. You can contact me through my CL ad though. https://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/pts/d/plymouth-1918-dort-touring-car-frame/7663530084.html

Edited by wmtunate (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• Nate Dort changed the title to Free in Detroit: 1918 Dort Touring Frame / Chassis
3 hours ago, wmtunate said:

Seems like we're both in the same boat. We both don't have a high enough post count to send each other a message. You can contact me through my CL ad though. https://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/pts/d/plymouth-1918-dort-touring-car-frame/7663530084.html

Thank you, I just sent you an email. Much appreciated!

21 hours ago, sagefinds said:

If you're in Michigan aren't there a dozen museums around there you could donate it too if no one else wants it?

So, I looked into this today based on your suggestion. First contact was to GM Factory One in Flint, which was the original location of Durant-Dort Carriage, and Dort Motor Car Co. Their operations manager responded quite quickly that although it would make a great conversation piece, they didn't physically have room for it in the building. They suggested I contact Factory Two at the end of the block, as that was the actual building where this car was built in 1918. It now houses a community makerspace. I'll try to reach them next week.