Sonomatic preset button function

Hans3

The United Motors (Delco) radio pb's were set by tuning to a station manually and then pulling on the individual one until fully extended and the pushing it in. You can pull it out and then  tune and push it it. It will work the same. This is provided they are not frozen.

Bill N

• Like 1

6 hours ago, radiofixer said:

The United Motors (Delco) radio pb's were set by tuning to a station manually and then pulling on the individual one until fully extended and the pushing it in. You can pull it out and then  tune and push it it. It will work the same. This is provided they are not frozen.

Bill N

Agreed, but unfortunately this isn't working for any button.

Hans3:

Maybe your "cage" is stuck; by this I mean the contraption that engages the clutch that allows button tuning only.

Usually (I think), the return spring breaks, which then only allows button tuning. But it sounds like you have the opposite problem.

I think you will have to take the front cover of the radio off (usually has the speaker bolted to it) and take a look. Check my thread on my struggles with the '41 Super Sonomatic; I may have a picture of the '41's gizmo.

Let me know how it goes; feel free to PM me on this.

CD, Potomac, Md.

BTW, please give us the model #