Struts and shocks

2Shelbys

1 hour ago, 2Shelbys said:

What are everyone’s experiences/opinions on the best struts and shocks to put on a TC?

I’ve been using MONROE all the years that I was in business, I still have several sets on the shelves in my garage for all our old MOPARS.

24 minutes ago, 2Shelbys said:

Any for the rear of the TC? All I can find is KYBs. 

No, I almost never replace rear shocks unless they are completely worn out. I like the soft rear suspension feel. I drive alone and don’t do any ‘tricks’ with this car. It’s my long distance cruiser.

KYBs are good shocks, just don't get them too hard, it tends to make the car loose.

2 hours ago, Hemi Dude said:

No, I almost never replace rear shocks unless they are completely worn out. I like the soft rear suspension feel. I drive alone and don’t do any ‘tricks’ with this car. It’s my long distance cruiser.

KYBs are good shocks, just don't get them too hard, it tends to make the car loose.

Thanks. I feel the same way. The TC is my touring car. It’s not a GLHS or an M3. 

I replaced original, leaking front struts with KYBs on one of my 16v cars.  Even though the rears were also original I left them in as they did not SEEM to be exhibiting any signs of undue wear.  This was a mistake as under spirited driving the rear tires rubbed.  If you go the same route, no pun intended,  be prepared to also do the rears.

Anyone interested in track/autocross use should go to coilovers which work very well, but are not worth the extra $ for street use.