Hudson ??? Fuel Gauge

thehandleman

Any Idea's on this Fuel Gauge it came from a old time Hudson Nash AMC Dealer this was in a open box but the King Seeley Number on the Gauge does not match the number on the Box ? see Pics

Number on Gauge is K-S 42137 A-C

Box has KS 42135 and Hudson 213207 As always Thanks

IMG_0800.jpg

IMG_0799.jpg

IMG_0805.jpg

Yea 55er the box the gauge was in does not match the gauges small number on the gauge (KS#),

as for Roy your correct I only saw one gauge online with split color on a 48-49 hudson fuel gauge but was not exact as it was same color but the one I saw had multiple tiny hash marks but it was on a commodore I think, but super six i have not found anything so thats why I came to you guys 🤞

Maybe the gauge IS correct for 1948-1949 Commodores? The E-F and C-H with the hash marks might be on a glass plate that's in front of the actual gauge and not part of the gauge itself. The lighter shaded area in the upper left would be hidden underneath and not visible when installed. Just a thought, waiting to hear from the Hudson experts.......

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, The 55er said:

Maybe there are different parts books, mine said Commodores. Close enough. 

IMG_1540.JPG

IMG_1543.JPG

Ok both you guys are not seeing the numbers on box is not the gauge look at the king seeley number on the box does not match the number on the gauge below the needle I should have not included that box that the gauge was sitting in in the pictures it seems to keep confusing you guys if the King seeley number on the box is different then on the gauge that then means the 213207 is not the number of the gauge also.

Cheers

Not sure I'm correct, but I'm under the impression the K-S part number printed along the bottom of the gauge face applies only to the face plate itself, not the whole gauge. That theory leaves room for car makers to use the same gauge guts for different years & models with a different style face. GM or AC does the same thing. 

It entered my mind on this quandry K-S is using 2 of their #'s here, the one on the face (for the face) and their own # for the whole assembly (the # on the box).

Maybe I'm spinning my wheels too much! 

• Like 3

Well Doc that might be, but in some of my gauge books they all Id them by the bottom number to the car model and year, but hell I don’t know anymore but I did reach out to a longtime Hudson guy for over 50 years and awaiting his opine, so based on what you proposed I now just need to see this on several model cars to really know. I do appreciate as always all you guys input always 55er, Roy, Doc

Thank you all

• Like 1