USPS Ground Advantage - EBAY issues

Harold

Just wanted to spread the word about this.....

I have some vintage automotive items listed on eBay and was doing housekeeping on my ads.    I was taken aback when I saw the US Postal Service launched a new service on Sunday called Ground Advantage that combines first-class package and several other services under one roof.   I'm still looking over the changes, but one takeaway I have is that the shipping charges on eBay listings will have to be manually revised due to the changes in postal service.  If anyone can share any insights please post them here.

I knew this was coming but have not pinned down the cost changes yet. I'm sure it will all cost more like everything else. If you are a frequent or business seller you should create or correct your Business Policies to reflect the changes. I have some items ending on Friday, I wonder what will happen at label printing time? I'll come back after I figure it out.

• Like 1

USPS determined their own delivery metrics (good), fails to meet them, and does nothing about it.

I was recently shippped a tire.  USPS damaged the label, returned it to the store, then charged them again to deliver it correctly.

The mentality of a government monopoly persists, even though they now have competitors.

• Like 1

I worked on this last night. Ground Advantage combines Retail Ground, First Class Package, and Parcel Select Ground into one category and - Surprise! - the prices went up. As a business Ebay user, I went in and created a new Business Policy with the new classification, then had to manually correct each affected listing to substitute the new policy. I could not do this with listings already having active bids so I will have to wait until those end to delete the remaining old First Class Business Policies. All in all not too difficult. I will follow up again after printing shipping labels.

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to USPS Ground Advantage - EBAY issues