What is this wire?

Reatta Fan

I had my '90 Reatta convertible in for service today at the dealer and the technician indicated that I had a loose wire under the hood but he could not find where it was supposed to be connected. I've tried to attach a picture although not a good one. It's a tan color wite with a green connector on it and comes out of the same harness raceway as the feed for the sensor in the air cleaner box. It's located in the approximate area just forward of the drivers side shock tower by the emmissions label. The car seems to run fine.

This connection was used by the factory to prime the fuel system after assembly. It can also be used to troubleshoot some fuel system problems. It is identified in the FSM wiring diagrams in the fuel pump power and control section.

Guest tempest68

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is like a belly button. Everybody(and Reatta) has one and when somebody explains why you have it, you still don't understand why you have it.

</div></div>

LOL - that just gave me the boost I needed this morning to put me in a good mood.

Guest kennyw

worked on a Gm. assembly line. we were months before someone told us this was to get fuel to the motor. We over heated a lot of starters before we started hooking the wire to the battery. MOtors started right away after doing this..

Ken