1969 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham, navy blue, excellent, Commack, N. Y.

Anyone liking large, formal cars might be interested

in this 1969 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham.  Not mine,

it's for sale via Hemmings Motor News in Commack

(Long Island), New York.  It looks appealing.

https://www.hemmings.com/listing/1969-cadillac-fleetwood-793524

The text of the ad is sparse:

"in storage for the last 18 years. One repaint in the early 80s and in excellent shape. All original. Runs and drives. A must see if you are looking for a late 1960s Cadillac."

A few people have posted questions through the website.

Two of the seller's replies give more information:

" The car runs, drives and shifts well. It has been in storage for almost twenty years so it would be my recommendation to go through it thoroughly. To the best of my knowledge everything works electrically such as windows, radio, electric antenna, etc. The paint and roof are in great shape. The interior is original but great shape no rips or great signs of wear. There are no cracks in the dash or vinyl.  The seats are cloth with no rips or signs of excessive wear.  The car is 53 years old and presents very well. New tires were installed four years ago while in storage and never used so while they are several years old they have less than 50 miles on them with no cracking or wear."

"The brakes and suspension appear fine. The car has not been driven for many years except for a few short trips around the block to make sure everything is working.  I have not tested whether the A/C blows cold and would guess that it does not at this point."

Asking price is $16,500.

Current high offer (shown on the website) is $10,000.

Seller's telephone:  (631) 404-7512

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)

I just did some checking around the Hemmings

website, and the "Make Offer" ad format (used

for this Cadillac) has a BUYER'S FEE OF 5 PERCENT.

The minimum buyer's fee is $500, and the maximum

is $10,000.

Be sure to factor that fee into any purchase price!

I see no advantage in paying an extra 5% on a major

purchase, and no advantage over the normal ad format.

Is Hemmings doing enough work to justify $500 or more?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

12 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

My observation of later 1960's Cadillac 60 Specials and Fleetwood Broughams interior wood trim was it was seriously downgraded in quality after the magnificent 1966 model year.

Can you expound on that, Steve?  Do you mean

thinner veneer?

John:

Its anecdotal from seeing the cars at shows, car corrals and in junkyards but the walnut door friezes in the 1966 Cadillac 60 Specials and Fleetwood Broughams were thick, having enough material to refinish if they became water stained or sunlight damaged.  Beginning with the 1967 model year, the wood veneer was a thin sheet bonded to a backing.  When these became wet, the veneer peeled from the top downward as seen on this otherwise fine 1969 model.  A car caught in one drenching rain with the windows down was enough to start the process.  The same problem beset the 1961-'63 Lincolns that had the walnut interior trim option.

Steve

'66 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham CA e.jpg

'66 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham CA h.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...