floor plates to fit 1917 Buick

pepcak

• 2 weeks later...

These plates look to be very nicely done.  I have to ask - were these used on export cars?  Our 1916 D-45 is an early in the production year car and the vacuum tank has no tag like what is shown here.  And again, it is stated that these are for a 1917 model.  Could that be the difference?  Were these used on 1917 Exported cars?  I am trying to learn something here.  I have never seen a tag like the longer one - ever.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

AACA Life Member #947918

These are called "toe tags" as far as I've heard, they go on the passenger side toe board. Here is my 1917 E-49, sorry they are so worn out, the original owner was a rural route mailman and drove the car from the right side. I imagine that was tough on his left foot.

For 1918 the two tags were combined into one.

toegas2.jpg

Edited by Morgan Wright (see edit history)

Hi,

I did not mean to say that the vacuum pump warning tag was used on 1917 D45, probably it was not. I have seen it attached to the straps holding some types of vacuum canisters, while D45 canister has the bracket directly bolted to inlet manifold and no straps. I am unsure about exact year or application of this tag, but I guess it may be used as an accessory one with any canister w/ drain tap.

Josef