Harrison Senior hot water heater

demco32

Hi demco32, "THE BRASSWORKS" is the place to go for New replacement elements for a large number of heater elements. Often the old elements just can't hold up to the pressure testing if you are trying to make it workable as a heater. One can certainly do a good cleaning and flushing but the end product will only be a display it in your antique car. Best Wishes to you.

7 hours ago, TOM H. S. said:

Hi demco32, "THE BRASSWORKS" is the place to go for New replacement elements for a large number of heater elements. Often the old elements just can't hold up to the pressure testing if you are trying to make it workable as a heater. One can certainly do a good cleaning and flushing but the end product will only be a display it in your antique car. Best Wishes to you.

Not looking to start an argument but i don’t believe a lot of this accurate advice pertaining to the post. Yes Brassworks is a great company and could supply a core if needed but that’s about all I’ll agree with. For one thing the OP is from Belgium and everything posted he has to use a translation for. Reading this he could believe that no heater should be trusted to be installed and that simply is untrue.
     Demco32 is looking for a specific Harrison Sr. Heater which I know a fair amount about. Demco32 requires that heater for a correct, dealer installed option for his car. I’ve installed many original Harrison heaters in the 30’s era cars (I specialize in GM restoration) and have had zero core issues. Harrison was a part of GM and the brand used by GM. This era of car is a non-pressurized system and the heater core only has water flow through it, no pressure. The Harrison cores are in my opinion, overly built. Any radiator shop worth its salt would know that these old cores should not be tested at modern pressures. We don’t torque head bolts from this era to modern recommended torque tolerances for the same reasons. Most radiators of the era only get tested to 6-10 psi and the same for heater cores. If the heater core leaks at that pressure then it simply has a leak. I haven’t had to replace one core in any of the Harrison tombstone heaters I’ve purchased, installed, or restored. I don’t purchase obviously damaged ones of course.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi chistech, Your comment has added important information I was not completely aware of and I thank-you for setting the record straight. You have much more experience in the field then I do and I'm sure [ demco32 ] appreciates your expertise and I encourage you to contact them directly with help for them. Again I'm not an expert just providing information that I've found online. Thanks again. Best Wishes

• Like 2

I found one in Canada.

no problem if it leaks, a friend who's company is specialized in radiator repair can make repair.

I appreciate the effort and advice from every one .

Chistech is a great help and know a lot from the Oldsmobile car.

It is very nice of him wanting to give and share his knowledge. Thank u 

It is very difficult to start working on a car like this Oldsmobile when there are no parts to be found in Europe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

While that heater is a Sr. Model it has the wrong grill for an olds. It was most likely intended for a higher end car like a Buick or a Cadillac but I believe Harrison private labeled their heaters for Cadillac but i could be wrong. But in all honesty, there is only a handful of people who would know the difference.

I’ve seen other 32 olds with chromed steering columns and chromed taillight stanchions get pointed with high marks that they never should have received because those items were never chromed and in a judged show for OEM, are totally incorrect. The judges just didn’t know, plain and simple.

Hi demco32, You may be able to work out a shipping arrangement with DHL to ship the heater to country that will be able to forward it onto to another DHL, FedEx or UPS location near you, where you can pick it up at that location. Or you can contact a ( Pack & Ship Center ) near you which should be able to work out a solution. I have worked at a large international company that had to use a local PACK & SHIP company to ship high value items to Canada from USA. Best Wishes

thank u for information.

I found one also in Canada and it's on this way.

As indicated by chistech i think too that there are not many people who can say how the car original left the factory.

Of course restoring and  the hunt for parts to have these cars in good condition and driving them so other people can see them is a lot of fun.

Luckily there are still people out there who are willing to help just doing that.

So thanks for that.