For Sale: 1979 Buick Riviera - "Third owner, Fantastic condition, Gorgeous color" - Mason, OH - Not Mine - 6/14 Deleted

For sale on Craigslist: 1979 Buick Riviera 2-door Hardtop in Mason, OH  -  $11,500  -  No phone # provided. Reply to Seller through Craigslist email to eefab84bf0313e2f994eb7684928bb25@sale.craigslist.org

Link: https://cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/d/mason-beautiful-1979-buick-riviera/7632141108.html

Seller's Description:

1979 Buick Riviera 2-door Hardtop

• condition: excellent
  • cylinders: 8 cylinders
  • transmission: automatic
  • odometer: 63,400
  • paint color: green
  • title status: clean

The car is located in Mason, Ohio, about 20 miles northeast of Cincinnati. This car is in fantastic condition and has been well taken care of over its entire history. There is absolutely no rust on any panel. I am the 3rd owner. The first owner bought it new and it was sold from his estate. The second owner kept it until he was 82 and sold it because he was too old to drive. I am now selling because I have too many cars, no space, and need to thin the herd. This car needs nothing and it has the feel of driving a new car. It is quiet and luxurious.

• I believe that this was a one-year-only color and it is gorgeous.

The engine is a 350, not the problematic 307 and there is no drooping of the headliner as in later model years of this car.

The following items have been addressed:

• New Coker Classic Tires with the correct white-wall width and 4-wheel alignment
  • Transmission/transaxle have been completely rebuilt
  • New Exhaust system from Y-pipe back
  • New radiator (old one comes with the car)
  • New carb, wires, and plugs, with professional tuneup
  • New bumper filler panels front and back
  • All hoses and vacuum lines have been replaced
  • New front shocks, the auto-leveling system works
  • New battery
  • Electric Choke Conversion

Note the following:

• All chrome is near perfect
  • The Interior is a 10 without flaws
  • Original carpeted mats are on the floors and in great shape as I have had them covered since I bought the car
  • Top is in great shape: 9 out of 10
  • Glass is all clear
  • The original Eight track audio system is in place with great sound from speakers
  • A/C blows cold

On the negative side:

• The paint is mostly original except for the hood and driver fender. The paint shows well up close, without issue.
  • The opera lights don't light up but I have never looked at them.
  • There is some spider-webbing on the hood paint right behind the hood ornament. The last photo shows the area. I have enclosed other, multiple hood photos to show that the webbing is not noticeable.
  • None of these items have ever bothered me enough to worry about them. I just drive it and enjoy it. It's a head-turner.

I have researched same-generation Rivieras on other sites and am pricing my car well below what I have seen on those sites. Feel free to research. I would match this car against any other out there. If you are interested, respond to this ad by sending me an email. I will return any communications promptly and answer all questions although I am not sure what else there is to tell. I will provide responses to all inquiries as quickly as possible. I have removed text messaging because of the scamming that goes on with texting. I will respond promptly to inquiries sent to me. If its active, its available.

image.png.54091ce0b64efc27d4372272e95ad066.png

image.png.f3b9748fbfcde6adaf1666aa612f279c.png

image.png.46c0cfe8caa69f40476c8df7e6aca666.png

image.png.5307a35a585071d783e3032bc18a34fa.png

image.png.20e885e7c9d18dc845233635f5c2703c.png

image.png.a4720000a69f3fc56798986c4175e4ea.png

image.png.c5372a0f8c4c5bfac4ca0110c8c6964a.png

image.png.9b1677bbb3c5262a71f56c0099eff9e8.png

image.png.47e10464eff0c79f84889fd98ccc15c5.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update status (see edit history)

I have seen pictures of this Riviera before:  Because of

its unusual one-year-only color, I saved pictures from the

internet in 2021.  The pictures are exactly the same.

It was either for sale in the fall of 2021, or else it was

posted for some other reason.  I think it was for sale,

but I don't recall.  So maybe there is a lot of flexibility in the price!

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1979 Buick Riviera - "Third owner, Fantastic condition, Gorgeous color" - Mason, OH - Not Mine - 6/14 Deleted