Aluminum transmission case with shifter and pto unit

FATMANS

It's probably not worth a great deal. More than scrap , but relatively few later teens / early 20's  Cadillac's out there. If it was for a 1914 or older , 4 cylinder Cadillac it would be a lot more valuable. The early V8 cars don't get very much respect for some reason. I am having a hard time getting any interest at all in a 1926 model 314 rolling chassis and engine  / trans complete.

8 hours ago, FATMANS said:

any idea of what this is worth, I think I also have the driveshaft fot it? Bob

It's hard to put a value on it. With a chunk broken out of the case that hurts it of course. It can be welded back in but it may not be worth that effort. Looks like the trans and shaft are 8-bolt so it more than likely is the right one. If that shielded U-joint in the driveshaft is good and tight that would help the value. I'm not sure when Cad started putting the lock on the shifter,probably 1920's,not teens. Is the inside rusty from being open and letting water in? Also on some of the years the pedals are different between coupe/roadster and sedan/touring so that may be an issue. And the shift lever looks bent over. Someone that has the same year Cad that has a problem with their rattling trans or sloppy driveshaft could pick yours up,rebuild as necessary,then install when time permits rather than taking theirs out,sending them off to get rebuilt and never seeing them again. Look them over,if things look good,try for $150-250 each and see what happens. They'll most likely need to be shipped and that big,heavy stuff is a pain. Like 12Staver says,just because they're Cadillac doesn't mean they are super sellable.

• Like 1