For Sale: 1965 Ford Thunderbird Hardtop Coupe - $9,000 - Chesterland, OH - Not Mine

For Sale: 1965 Ford Thunderbird Hardtop Coupe - $9,000 - Chesterland, OH

OFFER PENDING - - 1965 Ford Thunderbird - cars & trucks - by owner -... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

Very solid, good-looking T-bird. Very good shape, good cruiser, fun car, drive now. Not a perfect 10. But a nice-looking driver. Aqua blue. 390 v-8. Very nice interior. Body in very good shape. Some imperfections here and there but very presentable. Lots of attention at Cruise-Night. People enjoy seeing this car and in this color combo.  Slide-away steering wheel to allow easy entry - kind of a cool and unique feature.
Copy and paste in your email: dd028a38419c35148405e0476576a30a@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1965 Ford Thunderbird Hardtop Coupe.

'65 Ford Thunderbird OH a.jpg

'65 Ford Thunderbird OH b.jpg

'65 Ford Thunderbird OH c.jpg

'65 Ford Thunderbird OH d.jpg

'65 Ford Thunderbird OH e.jpg

'65 Ford Thunderbird OH f.jpg

'65 Ford Thunderbird OH g.jpg

'65 Ford Thunderbird OH h.jpg

'65 Ford Thunderbird OH i.jpg

'65 Ford Thunderbird OH j.jpg

1 hour ago, alsancle said:

I never understood why he didn’t just buy one like this.

I think that about myself all the time. Asking prices are gradually starting to rise on 3rd and 4th gen T-Birds, but you can still find presentable examples in the price range of this car. I probably have not too much less than $9000 in my car, but it's not near as presentable as this car, at least at the moment. I figured that by buying a driving '65 T-Bird with a good running engine for $3500, I could put money in it to make it nice and still be ahead financially. WRONG!

• Like 3

By the way, the car in this ad has a '64 hood and tail lights. Grille, too. Side trim is '65, though. Proceed with caution.

I guess that's the good thing about refurbing your car instead of buying something that's already nice/decent...it's more of a known entity. Yet I still go by what I said earlier: buy as nice as you can afford!

Edited by JamesR (see edit history)
  • Like 2