Wanted, a small piece of old upholstery leather

I am looking for a small scrap of original upholstery leather to make a repair on some original upholstery.  I need to match the patina and texture, fresh material would stand out.  I don't need much, a couple pieces 2"x3" would do.  See below for the "match" I would be most appreciative if anyone has something.  Unfortunately there is no extra to harvest where covered by the seat cushion.

20230515_160706.jpg.6db2f3c9e553c5c12c6b9ac098483d76.jpg

20230515_160721.jpg.15343fb8cc13c13ea8a9641c5eb83ba2.jpg

Can you take a couple of pieces from an area that is normally hidden (say, by the seat bottom cushion) and move them over, then patch the hidden spots with newer material?

"distressed" black vinyl is available, do a Google search for it.  It would stand out in an area that can be seen, but it might make a better patch in the hidden areas than brand new material.  :)

Unfortunately, they were miserly with material when they originally upholstered the car, so there is no extra to take at the bottom.  Only the backrest is original, the lower cushion needs to be redone (again).  I found some new distressed leather that is a good match for that, but I would like to patch old with old as the new material isn't quite as thick and stiff, so it will bend differently.  I have had very good luck with new leather from a vendor that sells at the Brimfield flea market where I can see and feel the material before purchasing. The backrest survived quite well and is more supple than the photographs make it appear, so I want to make every effort to preserve that originality.  If my plan works, I will post some photos, but it may be a bit until the whole thing is done.