Wilbraham Hill Climb 2023

alsancle

32 minutes ago, Bill Boudway said:

If that '17 Locomobile does the hill, it would be a repeat of it's performance in the 1950s on Mount Wachusett.

Mt Wachutte.jpeg

Screenshot_2020-08-16 Photo Library.png

That is pretty cool.  The restoration is over the top perfect so they were displaying the car not running it up the hill.  I think we had this conversation in the Locomobile thread, as I posted this picture of what looks like the same car taken in the late 40s in New England.   I don't know that everyone is convinced they are the same car.

LocomobileOnRaceTrackSmall.jpg

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, alsancle said:

That is pretty cool.  The restoration is over the top perfect so they were displaying the car not running it up the hill.  I think we had this conversation in the Locomobile thread, as I posted this picture of what looks like the same car taken in the late 40s in New England.   I don't know that everyone is convinced they are the same car.

LocomobileOnRaceTrackSmall.jpg

I prefer the car in black & white photos. 

2 minutes ago, 1937hd45 said:

I prefer the car in black & white photos. 

Bob, believe it or not those are the original colors. Honest truth. It actually looks pretty good in person. I wouldn’t be drawing it out of my garage.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, alsancle said:

Does anybody know the specifics of this car?  Is it an Amilcar with a ford engine?  I have a video of it taking off but want to describe it correctly.

It is  the ARCA Ford Amilcar one of my favorites from the sports car racing club of the 1930's. Someone will confirm that there were two brothers that got the car for cleaning out the garage it was stored in. Is that common up in Massachusetts? 

DSCF8635.JPG

Edited by 1937hd45 (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bill Boudway said:

Question here: Is the Wilbraham hillclinb and the Wachusett Mountain hillclimb of the 1950s the same event?

Screenshot_2020-08-16 Photo Library.png

Waschusett Mountain has an auto road and is probably 40 miles away from Wilbraham so I'm guessing they are two different things.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...