Help ID year and model of Studebaker(?) at 1967 Vintage Car Rally-11

kcmadr

Need help with identifying this vehicle model and year please.

It looks like the logo is Studebaker, but I would like to know from someone who can ID it.
And just for fun, maybe someone can ID the car behind it?

Date of photo : 1967

Year : ?

Make : Studebaker(?)

Model & trim : ?

021717.jpg

• Thanks 1

Yes, a 1925/'26 Studebaker ER (standard six, the smaller model those years), Duplex Phaeton. The Duplex Phaeton was Studebaker's version of a "California" fixed top touring car. The body style was offered for only a couple years, however I believe on all three model sizes of cars. They also offered a Duplex Roadster with a similar fixed top. The idea was a sort of halfway between the regular open style cars and the full coupes and sedans.

As most manufacturers lowered the prices of coupes and sedans, the "halfway between" cars became impractical for manufacturing and selling.

The brown car is one of the two larger models. Note the somewhat different shape and sharpness of the radiator shell on it.

• Like 1

That is the later style visor used on the 1926 Standard Six model ER cars. As has been noted it is a Duplex Phaeton body introduced in August 1924 and available on all Big (EP) Special (EQ) and Standard Six chassis. Made thru early '27, it was a very popular body style for the time and a very good seller. The first true production "hardtop" (i.e. no "B" pillar).  

• Like 1