64 A/C Restoration.

lrlforfun

I'm finally putting together something I started a long time ago.  This 64 Riv is a factory A/C unit and everything was removed from the engine bay concerning the A/C and wiring. We are close to assembling all components and leak testing the system.  My questions are......

1. Is the A/C heater control valve the same as a non A/C unit?

2. Are the other components different from A/C and non A/C?

Here's what I need for now and I might be adding to this list.

Heater control valve.

Horn relay by the horns.

Relay by the heater blower motor.

Plastic vacuum tank by the heater control valve. 

Any help sourcing these parts is appreciated, Mitch  Castro Valley, CA

the heater valve is different but the non ac heater valve can be used.  The best thing is that your car was an original ac car so you will not have to go through the agony of replacing the dash panels and the control assembly

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2023 at 10:16 PM, lrlforfun said:

Any help sourcing these parts is appreciated, Mitch  Castro Valley, CA

Mitch, I have two control valves I don’t know which is which the 63 or 64. One pushes while the  other valve is pulled. Ill get some pictures to you and see if I have what you need. If you are on the road to keep it stock I understand. I put in a vacuum control valve on my 63 and it works good.

later Gator 

The Turbinator

Turbinator: I have had several First-Gen Rivieras that the A/C blew ice cubes like being in a wind tunnel.  This is what I'm trying to re-create.  When the system is holding pressure we're gonna determine what parts to get and start sourcing them.  What can be more fun, a 64 Riv that runs very strong and everything works nicely?  Don't answer that.  haha Mitch

Edited by lrlforfun (see edit history)
  • Haha 1