For all eyes reading this FORUM. Chrysler's 2.2 & 2.5L engine

Just so we are clear on who engineered the 2.2L & 2.5L engines, I'm displaying this 'Cover Sheet' for all to see.  

Society of Automotive Engineers, INC. titled ‘Chrysler Corporation’s New 2.2 Liter 4 Cylinder Engine.’

Comments and questions are welcome. This is why we are here, to help one another, not to "Bitch".

Hemi.  

TC Owners Club - Technical Advisor.

IMG_3258.jpeg.ddf1246957e9b2c69d90821108a0ca0d.jpeg

Edited by Hemi Dude
Minor corrections. (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

My 1.5 cents (0.02 is too much):

At the end of 1966, the engineer Dante Giacosa (father of several Fiat) proposes  at Fiat a new revolutionary project, “Project 123” a front drive traction!. Fiat refused, and passed the ball to the associate Autobianchi, and the Autobianchi Primula, A111, and A112 saw the light, with incredible success. After you see what there is under the tail you can state that is a male, so the engineer Aurelio Lampredi, from the A11, re-design the motor and design the Fiat SOHC engine, used by 1969 Fiat model 128 (I had one). Full front traction, transversal motor, aluminum head, iron block, 1,116 CC, in line 4, reverse flow cylinder head, cam shaft drive by a belt, unequal length drive shaft, front Mc Pherson, front stabilize bar, wind shield glued with chrome frame, sound familiar? Well, we talk about something that at this time was a revolution!.. Note that Fiat never build a motor 2.2 CC, the larger one until 1989 was a 1499 CC.                 

So, maybe, and is just my personal opinion, as Chrysler started to design a new motor, the engineers evaluate what was done successfully in the past by the automotive industry, and come out with the K., in 1981 the patent was over from the 1966 and no reason to buy a license, even when Fiat purchase Autobianchi in 1968.   

See below the first Fiat 128 motor.

image.jpeg.fb0e6ebc410a08ce9b5cf5e906ccaa2b.jpeg

Red Alph, you are quite right! I began my automotive career in 1959 as an apprentice mechanic at a DeSoto / Plymouth Dealership. I remain a ‘dyed in the wool’ Chrysler, the REAL Chrysler, supporter. All the new stuff, even though having awesome performances, is not true Chrysler, but in name only. A HEMI is a 331-392 or a 426.  The rest is just “Wannabe”. The reason you find me here is merely because I like and support the ‘Underdog’ like Chrysler’s TC by Maserati. I bought my first one because so many naysayers put it down. I had to find out why it was so awful and found out it is so much superior compared to many others. 

5 hours ago, Red Alf said:

Mr. Hemi, I love your comments, but now I know that you never works at the WW.

Red Alf 

Just WHAT is the WW Alf?  I did see WW2 though, have you?  I was there.  3 cheers for General Patton.