1984 Riviera Parts Car 51,000 miles and 4.1 Engine

Chacheska

Hi all. Been in the old car hobby for 48 years, but not familiar with Rivieras. This car has no title, has the 4.1 engine, nice interior (except headliner coming down in back, lots of surface "patina" and runs very well. Exhaust looks new and tires are only a year old. Last inspected 2/22. Power windows don't work. Some rust starting to show over both rear wheel wells. 2 hubcaps missing. No trunk key. Guy who owned it died. Wife doesn't want it, but doesn't know where title is and is asking me to sell it for her. My interest in Buicks is pre-war, so I'm not familiar with the value of a car like this with no title. I was hoping I could get a little feedback as to what this would bring as a parts car. A guy wants to buy it to use in a demolition derby. It runs so well, has a nice exhaust system and practically brand new tires. I would hate to see the car suffer that fate. Any opinions would really help and be greatly appreciated. I have a total of 42 pictures. These give you some idea. Looks like mice made a meal out of some of the wiring. Not sure where those chewed wires go out of the loom.

Thanks to you all!

Karl

DSCN8416.jpg

DSCN8417.jpg

DSCN8387.jpg

DSCN8390.jpg

DSCN8394.jpg

DSCN8393.jpg

DSCN8400 (1).jpg

DSCN8396.jpg

DSCN8395.jpg

DSCN8392 (1).jpg

DSCN8391.jpg

DSCN8386.jpg

DSCN8389.jpg

DSCN8392.jpg

DSCN8397.jpg

DSCN8406.jpg

DSCN8401.jpg

DSCN8420.jpg

DSCN8425.jpg

DSCN8424.jpg

DSCN8410.jpg

DSCN8413.jpg

DSCN8414.jpg

• Like 1

I hear ya! She asked the guy if he'd give her $1,000 for it and he said yes. I'm trying to talk her out of it, but most women want their husband's "junk" off the property after they die. I'm sure you've never heard of that before, right? I thought about buying it, but I don't know anyone locally that would need a parts car and don't want to get stuck with a car that has no title. I could never put it on the road without a tile. I wouldn't even be able to scrap it without a title.

I don't think it's going to be available much longer, but thought I'd post on here to see if anyone has an interest in it before it hits the derby track. Or, to put it another way, before it gets hit on the derby track!

181518256-closeup-of-young-crying-man-eyes-with-a-tears.jpg

Well, you did your best posting it here.

Would help to know at least what State this Riviera is located.

We're going to see more of this (Wives having to deal with Husband's stash all at once upon their passing).

I don't understand how a Title is such a show stopper and why it can't be searched. In Canada, it's an out-of-province inspection, the show stopper.