Seats 1920 touring information needed

I have a 1920 touring and for now at least, am going to install upholstered foam seats on a raised angled platform to somewhat match the original seat bottoms.
I have a front seat spring, that is too far gone to use for actual seat, but it can be used for shape at the bottom and general idea how high it would have been at the front and rear.
What I would like for both front and rear seat bottoms, is the height at the front and rear of each with upholstery installed.
Thanks for any help.
Edited by Mark Gregush (see edit history)

• Mark Gregush changed the title to Seats 1920 touring information needed

The replies on Facebook range from building my own (the guy does it for a living) to looking for a set of original springs (LOL, spend good money on set of worn out broken down original spring, I think not). I am not restoring this car just need them to sit my butt on driving around town. Foam will work just fine and in my budget for what I need. The Upholstery is going to be quick down cut and sew, not original. 

The last time I purchased flat sheets of foam for a car seat the cost was high enough to have springs made… but that didn’t work for the more modern car application… now, if you are dealing with used materials that is a different deal and used mattresses and couches are free everywhere.  Look at how slightly earlier car seats were made… a wood balloon frame with canvas straps pulled tight across it… then you could go with fairly thin (2-3”) foam over the top. 

I would gladly throw a tape measure on the seats of my 15, but assume they would be a little different than a 1920. 

I have pretty much all the materials to do the foam route, so if you have time and can grab couple of quick measurements that would be great! I just need the height at the front and rear, even ballpark will work. I tried the reusing springs from a mattress route, did not like the support it gave me so am going with the foam. lol, I suffer from longish legs and narrow contact area syndrome if you get my drift! :)

8 hours ago, Mark Gregush said:

I have pretty much all the materials to do the foam route, so if you have time and can grab couple of quick measurements that would be great! I just need the height at the front and rear, even ballpark will work. I tried the reusing springs from a mattress route, did not like the support it gave me so am going with the foam. lol, I suffer from longish legs and narrow contact area syndrome if you get my drift! :)

On a very worn but unrestored 1915 the front seat is about 7.5 inches tall, the rear is about 8.5 inches tall. My guess is that an inch could be added to counteract age and use. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, 30DodgePanel said:

In my best Thurston Howell voice:

"Yes, but will it help with the narrow contact area syndrome?"

R.44eb87da51cf8887a764ffb364db4415?rik=W4qIVfVEE5z3Kg&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

I am 6’4” and 265lbs and drive a dodge brothers just fine. Fat man’s wheel required. 

3F6DF974-6699-4ADF-877A-858747942574.jpeg

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, 30DodgePanel said:

That's cool, 

it was only meant as a laugh along with Marks wording he used.

I've just never heard a bonie a## called that before (narrow contact area syndrome).

Thanks! I was thinking what you wrote, but came up with that on the fly. 

• Like 1