Chrysler 72 spark plugs

I'm a believer in taking advantage of modern technology where possible.

Spark plug adapters are available to reduce the size of the thread down to 14mm. Then you have a huge range of available heat ranges and technologies to choose from.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lozrocks said:

I'm a believer in taking advantage of modern technology where possible.

Spark plug adapters are available to reduce the size of the thread down to 14mm. Then you have a huge range of available heat ranges and technologies to choose from.

I am not a big fan of modern technologies  that's why I have vintage cars

which can be worked on with normal tools. not like modern cars with all the electronics

just my own view

I advocate for the evaluation of different plugs and finding optimum plug reach. This S65 engine was run with standard Model A Ford Autolite #3076 plugs (1/2" reach?) before I switched to the slightly longer reach (3/4"??) of these Champions (forgot the #, probably also made mainly for Model A and thus easily obtainable). As visualized, the Champion plugs brought the spark more into the combustion chamber. The car then  ran 3 mph faster up my test hill after the changeover, but that might be also related to all fresh plugs.

CR210428HalvtomsoglittmeirreachtestCR(1).jpg.64a4156396183faac8736a13bfeefe43.jpg

CR210428HalvtomsoglittmeirreachtestCR(3).jpg.ecd0fcd38eec364ec416dcccf87b5f7e.jpg

• Like 1

Both my model 62 and my model G70 motors came with Champion C5 plugs that were fitted way back in the 60's. I will eventually run them with those plugs.

The C4 are used on Model A Fords and will be a slightly different heat range, try them and see how the car performs.

• Thanks 1