White truck advertising post card

Bob Barrett

Another find as I wade through my vintage paper mountain.  LOL  Here's a nice color photo postcard of a White cab-over tanker truck that belonged to the Barrett Division of Allied Chemical. It's identified as a White Model 302264 with a 2400 gallon tanker. I think the  styling is amazing! 

IMG_0640.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Is the man at the pump the driver or a worker for the plant?

Either way, pretty bizarre (nowdays) to see someone handling hazmat in a tie and slacks.

Was that normal for the era or was the attire strictly for a photo shoot I wonder?

Very cool piece.

• Like 1

30DodgePanel,

Judging by his hat, I'd say driver. The tie and slacks are indeed normal for the era, both at work and often in leisure time as well. Hazmat.......never heard of it, but almost certainly a "NO SMOKING" rule. It was a very different time in many ways, even for those of us who grew up in it!

Bob 

Most all of the men employed in "service " industries wore neckties at work. I remember the door to door deliverymen, milkman, postman, bakery driver, grocery clerk, Watkins and Jewel T all wore ties. Most gas station attendants, too, but many wore clip-on rubber bow ties. No hoodies, cargo shorts or canvas shoes!

Flying "A" Gas Station Attendant Uniform Shirt | #1882386699image.jpeg.c33463107560d34654b0df92a9db912a.jpegMilkman Stock Illustration - Download Image Now - Milkman, Milk, Delivering  - iStockimage.jpeg.92d119ec4ead2a2fc10eef27cc28d2fb.jpegPin by Cynthia Beach on Please Mr. Postman/Postwoman | Postman, Mailman,  Portrait