RARE 48 FRAZER - $8,000 (Auburn WA)

https://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/cto/d/auburn-rare-48-frazer/7589022636.html

email - 2158028ad1073cb9af4c7526d3212599@sale.craigslist.org

You won't have to search for parts, they're all there. Straight body, original paint. Can be driven, runs fairly well but does need some fine tuning, wiring. I bought it in 2017 with hopes of taking it back to it's original condition. I quickly figured out that I didn't have the skills or the money to do it justice. SEE PICS $8000.00 OBO

00J0J_aspUQo4X87E_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00G0G_9L6UVdoiDH3_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

00000_lWe4Sgf2tWB_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00T0T_cgitKEDjDz5_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

The Frazer line was the more upscale of the two with the Kaiser coming in at a lower price point. That said, items like overdrive, extra trim, and plusher interiors were standard while being extra cost on the Kaiser. This example appears to have a repaint in non-factory colors but the interior, aside from carpet up front instead of a rubber mat as it should be, appears to be close to correct. The hood ornament is aftermarket...KF would offer an ornament mid year after owners complained of the spartan exterior.

It's rare to find a 47 or 48 Kaiser or Frazer with a nice dash. It seems the windshield gaskets leaked from new which discolored the paint and soiled the gauges. This example looks pretty good. I'm going to guess that the non-factory knob under the passenger side ash tray controls the fog lights - a dealer accessory that's not often seen on a KF today.

The seller mentions wiring issues, more than likely the old cloth covered stuff has deteriorated. Fortunately, new harnesses are available and relatively easy to install. 

$8000 seems a bit high to me, I think something closer to the mid sixes would be appropriate given the non-standard paint and overall condition. At that price, just drive it and enjoy being the only one at any show you'd attend.

• Thanks 1