1941 NoRol

Shootey

I was just reading an old thread of Anderson on his 1941 Roadmaster convertible coupe and there was a discussion of NoRol. I recently was offered an nos NoRol for a 1941 Buick. I passed on it. If anyone is interested I will try to reconnect with the vendor and hook you up. 

On 2/12/2023 at 10:20 AM, Shootey said:

I was just reading an old thread of Anderson on his 1941 Roadmaster convertible coupe and there was a discussion of NoRol. I recently was offered an nos NoRol for a 1941 Buick. I passed on it. If anyone is interested I will try to reconnect with the vendor and hook you up. 

Hi Thom:

Living in San Francisco, as we do, this might be a handy thing to have.  I drove a '41 Caddy years ago that had one, and it worked very well.  How much were they asking?

Neil

Neil,

Here is what the fellow wrote me. He didn’t give me a hard price since I passed on it. I have a call in to him to find out if it’s still available and the price. 

Thom

Thomas,

I did find the NoRol set up for Buick.   If you have an interest let me know.  It's a very rare option.  If not I will list it for sale on the Buick Club of America site.   I think I've got $250 in it when I bought it some 15 years ago.   I see one up on eBay for a Chevy for $600.   Pretty lofty price.

Ouch!  I think I will continue to live with the San Francisco hills and just use the old parking brake method for starting on a hill.  (For those unfamiliar with our fair city, there is basically a stop sign or traffic signal at the end of every block, and some of the blocks are on a very steep grade.  It's not uncommon to find yourself in a solid line of traffic headed uphill and have to stop and restart several times before you get through the intersection.  Not fun with a 4,000 lb. car with standard shift!)

• Like 1