Dizzy identity ? Model T Ford

chris earl uk

Hi all, I have a 1924 model t (not very original with plenty of later parts fitted) she has a retro fitted distributor and I’m hoping someone can identify the unit so I can obtain some parts , cap points etc. I have only just realised how many dizzys have been available for the T over the years. Guess if I can’t identify I Will have to fit a replacement (newer) unit. Thanks in advance. Regards Chris. Pics attached. 

497B68DE-51A1-4612-A7F0-4E8165713129.jpeg

094B434F-1CE0-493B-B3DB-FD1020358774.jpeg

861DC2B6-3C33-4F94-B63F-C569D85116C8.jpeg

Chris,

The distributor is definitely Lucas and MG is a good guess. If you want to know for sure what car the distributor came off of, let me know the distributor number and the model so I can look it up. There should either be a tag on the distributor or the numbers are stamped to the cup (e.g. 40162A DK4A). Once I identified the distributor I can look up the correct part numbers for cap, rotor and points etc. and provide you with parts in case you don‘t find them locally.

Peter

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hi Peter. After a bit of digging I’m convinced it’s a common Lucas DK4A Austin 7 etc etc. (no tag on unit) and looks like I’ll be fine here obtaining parts. Even looks like I could get an electronic ignition base plate if I so desired. Really Appreciate your help and pointer in the right direction 👍 regards chris.