1957 Oldsmobile Automatic Transmission Expert?

Carito

Hi everyone! 

I need your help about automatic transmission of my Oldsmobile 1957 98 model. Do you know if I can change the automatic transmission ('cause it's damaged) from another model car or a different one? Please I need an advise about this trouble. Or, someone expert about transmission Oldsmobile's cars??

Thanks a lot for your help and answers.

Carolina Gómez from Chile 😃

Edited by Carito
Year mistake (see edit history)

your 1956 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight came with the new for 1956 Controlled Coupling Hydra-Matic Drive transmission, and Oldsmobile gave that transmission it's most popular name "The Jetaway" Hydra-Matic, the first couple of years 1956-1957, there were some problems with the Jetaway, and improvements were made to the 1958 to 1963 Jetaway, many years ago I owned 2 1957 Oldsmobiles, a Ninety Eight and a Eighty Eight, I never had problems with these transmissions. there's a transmission expert in Menden, Mass. USA, his name is Steve Peluso, I don't know his email address, but his business phone number is 508-478-9800, Peluso Precision Automotive Repair.

• Carito changed the title to 1957 Oldsmobile Automatic Transmission Expert?
12 minutes ago, The 55er said:

According to my Hollander Interchange Manual 1957 & 1958 Oldsmobile automatic transmissions are a direct interchange. 

Perfect ! , excuse me but I don’t know what do you mean with “Hollander interchange Manual”?? 

Hollanders Interchange Manuals are thick reference books that explain exactly what parts interchange and can be used with with different automobiles. They are very common items in the automotive world.  Often called the "Bible" of interchange they were used by car dealers. repair shops and salvage yards for many, many years. 

On 1/31/2023 at 2:09 AM, PONTIAC1953 said:

your 1956 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight came with the new for 1956 Controlled Coupling Hydra-Matic Drive transmission, and Oldsmobile gave that transmission it's most popular name "The Jetaway" Hydra-Matic, the first couple of years 1956-1957, there were some problems with the Jetaway, and improvements were made to the 1958 to 1963 Jetaway, many years ago I owned 2 1957 Oldsmobiles, a Ninety Eight and a Eighty Eight, I never had problems with these transmissions. there's a transmission expert in Menden, Mass. USA, his name is Steve Peluso, I don't know his email address, but his business phone number is 508-478-9800, Peluso Precision Automotive Repair.

Thanks for the information !! I’ll try to contact to Peluso Precision for tips and help about it !!