upper ball joints for 64 Wildcat

I am getting ready to rebuild my front end. When I called Kanter to order their kit I was told that they were out of stock on the upper ball joints. I looked around and found some at classicbuicks.com, but they are $80 ea.

Does anyone know where I might find some cheaper upper ball joints for my car?

Monetta disastrogirl@yahoo.com

thanks for the input!

Rare Parts was even more expensive! Yikes!

The Wildcat is a full size Buick, so that is part of the problem. It seems like most of the performance rebuild kits are made for the midsize cars like the Special.

Durnit

Guest BillEBuick

I just put ball joints in my 67 skylark and got them from Auto Zone for 17.00 ea and they had them in stock BillE

Just a thought, as a swap meet vendor, I am always providing information about suspension and engine parts. I have regular customers who stop by my vending spaces to look up parts info. I recommend that you get the MOOG or TRW number and use that to shop around. I just got home from a business trip, but contact me this weekend and will give you the MOOG numbers. That way you can shop the swap meets for the part. I will check my stash, might have a set. Also, Rare Parts is probably the most expensive. But then again, they have them. If you

can find the early MOOG/TRW ball joints, they will be a good quality part. See some of you at the Buick National.

Dan Marx

dmarx@voyager.net

A guy at an auto parts jobber told me that Moog had a warehouse of their old and discontinued parts. You had to know about it as not everyone did. If you can get ahold of a local jobber or auto supply store that does Moog parts, perhaps they can contact the corporate people to see if they have what you need. Only thing is -- no returns, and the amount of stock is limited. He said he'd found some suspension parts for a project from that warehouse too. It was about 10 years go that related that information.

It sounded like you had to know who to contact to find out about it as most of the people behind the counter only know what's in their current catalogs.

NAPA might be a source also. The many specialized Buick vendors are typically good people to deal with, even if the price is more than you might expect (although there might be other sources). By the same token, they have to make a living too.

Just some thoughts . . .

NTX5467