SOLD/SOLD Vintage 30’s Grill Guard Fresh Chrome

Uptowndodge

Here’s a 30’s grill guard I just had rechromed and is just as nice as it gets. This is the nicest shaped grill guard for all the 30’s cars and trucks. Mounts with a single bolt & washer in the center or you can mount with two lil brackets on top & bottom edge of bumper. I don’t got those but can get some for $20 if you want to mount that way just add $20 and I’ll get for you. Looking for $750 plus shipping Thanks 

E4AC63CF-BF68-4B37-A96D-7787B8D5A56D.jpeg

FE74B214-5518-4B26-9B88-7B5AA132B7C4.jpeg

A2A357E7-80F0-4E37-A10A-FFCF0FC71BDF.jpeg

22130279-782B-4860-B46C-CE94A273B42D.jpeg

Edited by Uptowndodge (see edit history)

I am close to needing to have some parts on my 36 Chrysler re-chromed.  What did it cost to have this single piece chromed?  

If the price you are asking for this part reflects a significant cost of chroming... I am doomed to have a freshly painted car and original chrome.  The last part I had chromed on my Corvair (about the same size as your bumper guard) cost $15 to chrome. I am almost afraid to hear what it cost to chrome your part.

Joe

A friend of mine here in PGH.  Just got a quote for a lot of chrome work for his 33 Chevy.  I hope your sitting down...

$23,000.....  That's twenty three Thousand.   This is at the famous Paul's Chrome.  The car isn't worth this much. 

Re-chroming anything is not just the chroming proccess (Copper, Nichole, Chrome plating) but much more sandblasting, grinding and filling the surface, to make the finish plating look good.  Just like painting a car, the body work has to be done right first before the actual painting proccess.   SO, the cost depends more on the current condition of the parts and how much work the parts needs before plating. 

With the 36 Airstream there are several parts on and around the grill that are only assesable when the front end is

off the car.   I did all those parts on my cars, back in 1992.  THANK GOD....  Today it would have cost a ton more.

ERIC

On 1/25/2023 at 8:40 AM, Professor said:

I am close to needing to have some parts on my 36 Chrysler re-chromed.  What did it cost to have this single piece chromed?  

If the price you are asking for this part reflects a significant cost of chroming... I am doomed to have a freshly painted car and original chrome.  The last part I had chromed on my Corvair (about the same size as your bumper guard) cost $15 to chrome. I am almost afraid to hear what it cost to chrome your part.

Joe

The price you paid for your last part you had done is definitely a thing of the past. In my case I happen to be a good friend of the owner of a chrome shop and we trade work I’m a plumber and we work it out. If I have parts to chrome and he doesn’t have a problems at the shop or his house I know he takes good care of me. Plus the piece I’m selling is one of the nicest shaped 30’s grill guard that doesn’t pop up that often price is what I’ve sold them before. Might not sell today but I can tell you this for sure, it will sell…

• Uptowndodge changed the title to SOLD/SOLD Vintage 30’s Grill Guard Fresh Chrome