1981 International model 1754 (any help)

I bought this truck and am looking to get it road ready. It's not going to be for hire. Any advice on how hard it will be to accomplish that will be greatly appreciated. It's a 1981 model 1754 with 137k original miles. Someone has done a lot to the wiring and I would like to get it right. I'm new, sorry if this is not allowed

Looks like a big project, Will need a lot of info on the truck. Is it gas or diesel, what transmission , air brakes or other, what rear end does it have. How about the suspension?   This size truck is usually built to the buyers specs. and there are many configurations possible. The first step is figuring our exactly what you have, then you can start putting together a plan.  Good luck on your ptoject and keep us informrd on your progress.

Thank you for the feedback. It's got the straight 6 diesel. It's a standard transmission with high low rear end. It has the spacers and five lugs with wedges to hold the tires on. I'm wiring the lights right now. It runs great!! Is that the info for the transmission over that cover? I will read that tomorrow.

IMG_20230119_133826.jpg

If you know anyone who is familliar with trucks it would be good to have them look at your truck. also you can take the info on its ID plate to your local IH dealer. They can tell you everything  from that.  That would be easiest  way 

• Like 1