Water pump needed

For background, the 1933 and 1934 engines have a slightly different setup than the 1935 and newer: Bolt pattern is the same but the inlet to the block is different. If you have access to some machine tools, rebuilding is not too hard and the internals of the pump were the same for lots of years so kits are available but the seals, etc. might be compromised by age.

So as @keiser31 suggests, getting your current one rebuilt is probably the way to go. I have used Arthur Gould for this in the past with good results. I have had good luck with other items with Antique Auto Parts Cellar (a.k.a. Then And Now Automotive) and I believe they also rebuild water pumps.

edit: P.S. Gaskets for the water pump are trivial to make. If you haven’t made your own gaskets for anything yet, the water pump gaskets are probably the second easiest to make on the engine. The easiest being the valve cover gaskets. For years I got by with a shop knife and pair of scissors. The addition of a Harbor Freight hole punch set makes it even easier.

Edited by ply33 (see edit history)
  • Like 1