Side Curtains for tourer - 1927 Australian Holden body

RichBad

Hi all,

Finally getting round to finishing the trim on my Dodge and am fitting the side curtain sockets.  I’m trying to figure out what the side curtain frames should look like.

My car has the single mount point (with square hole) for the curtains i.e one socket in each door.  I think they just had a single upright post so the curtains could be rolled up.

Does anyone have any photos showing this type of curtain?

Mine is a Holden (Australia) bodied 1927/28 series 129 Tourer but I’m sure other models/years would have had similar arrangement.

cheers! 

Edited by RichBad (see edit history)

Edit your title and show year and location. There are a number of posters from Australia but might not open this post with this title. With the Holden body, the post might have been custom made to fit their car, so don't know if the Dodge ones would fit. I have one post but for a 1920 US body, if that would help, I can post some photos and general information. As far as side curtains, might do as several Model T guys I know, make custom ones. They wanted better driving visibility so went with larger windows. 

Edited by Mark Gregush (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• RichBad changed the title to Side Curtains for tourer - 1927 Australian Holden body

Thanks.  I’ve got no problems making custom ones just wanted to get an idea of what they look like.  Also wanted to confirm if the number of sockets that I have is correct as I have one at the rear of each door, one in the “B” pillar and one at the front of the tub section.

Bob gave me a call today and said the locations I have are correct and he was going to try and find some photos.

• Like 2