WTB 1925 Flint Disc Wheel Center "dish" 20in wheel

dbtravis

I am looking for the center metal dished piece that goes between the wheel and hubcap on a 1925 Flint H-40 The wheel is a 4 lug, 20in disc wheel.  I believe might be made by Hayes, possible a Hayes 300, but I’m not totally positive on that.  The current place where the car is parked made it a bit challenging to take an exact measurement of this piece; but as best as I could, the hole where the hubcap meets it is roughly 3.5 inches and the wide flange against the wheel looks to be around 7.5 inches, in case that helps.  If a more exact measurement is needed let me know and I’ll get one.  The piece that I’m searching for is what’s painted red in the photos. What is this piece called?  

Flint Wheel Disc 1.jpeg

Flint Wheel Disc 2.jpeg

Flint Wheel Disc 3.jpeg

• Like 1

Is the red one currently on your car?  If you have one to use as a pattern, I would see if one of the guy's who do spinning's, (Rick Britten) could make you a full set of new brass ones, then nickle plate them to match your hubcaps.  Of course, that is my two cents thought.

Al 

• Like 1

Thanks Al,

I'll look up Rick Britten and inquire.  I actually have three on the car (including the red one)... I am only missing one.  I like the idea about nickle plating them, that would look fantastic!  Any idea if these have a name?  I just call them "center dish thing"!  If I knew what their technical term was, it may make searching for them easier... if having a set spun doesn't come together.  Thanks!!  - Travis

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...