1947 FORD SUPER DELUXE $9,000 Interesting modification

Not all done correctly but looks like a fun car and I love the shifter story! (I'd keep it that way!)

Many more pics in ad. 

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/1947-ford-super-deluxe.1274840/

47 two door sedan, survivor, some custom features done in the early 1960s, interior trim was carbon striped, and a faux leather used for interior seats and door cards. I have owned the car for three years, I went through the front end replacing everything, brake drums, king pins, wheel bearings, idler arm, three inch drop spring, all rubber bushings, body mounts down the frame. The engine is a correct flat head 59A-B, all ignition parts were replaced three years ago, oil pump, radiator, both water pumps, fuel pump, fuel tank removed and cleaned and resealed, new fuel guage sender in tank, new exhaust from manifold back, straight pipes.
All new rear wire bundle to brakes and tail light, front wiring original. This car shows really well at car shows, because it is unique and original, there are a few rust spots, nothing horrible, what you would expect for a seventy year old car.
It has a three on the tree transmission, the gear shift has been flipped over to left hand shift, easily put back to right hand. Original owner liked to put his arm around his girl friend and she couldn't shift, lol. Call- 316-213-8131

image.jpeg.4558c7767ed42378431b572fda146217.jpeg

image.jpeg.b00915a9cca8f0b03ea1c021775d7c30.jpeg

Yeah, I really like the car, but the interior is a conundrum. Do you return a modification that was made in the early '60's back to original/factory? The early '60's was a car culture era that has value for many people. I don't know the answer to that. If it had been modded in the '70's or '80's I'd feel less conflicted about going for a more original look. I'd lose the RWL tires regardless.

Edited by JamesR (see edit history)
  • Like 1