1979 Buick Skyhawk with Roadhawk package

Don Jr.

Hi, my son has decided to locate and purchase my 1979 Buick Skyhawk when he  was surfing looking at cars. I purchased the car 2 years old did some minor work to it and sold it several years later. Car was seen locally 25 years ago then disappeared again. He found it the other day. It has suffered thru the years but thankfully it can be brought back to life. My question is on the graphics on the car. I know the Skyhawks were sent to Robin Products Company in Warren Ohio to do the graphics and other accoutrements. They are still in business but assume they no longer have anything left to purchase. Is there a source for these items. I know the suspension is not the same as the standard H body but all that is still intact. Sourcing many of the parts should be easy. Thanks for any help.

That is  a great idea. They will either laugh at us or give us some advice. I need to talk to them about broken pieces of the fiberglass reinforced plastic  Roadhawk package for repair method. Going to move all the loose pieces removed from the car to storage this weekend and inventory what is there and what is missing. After that we will move the engine,transmission that was pulled and shell next. Car has been sitting for about 25 right after we saw it last and next owner took it all apart to rebuild it. Going to be easy to media blast the shell as most components have been  removed from it. Just a roller now. Thanks.

• Like 1

Craig Geske, who lives in Minneapolis or St. Paul, Minn. (can't remember which) is the expert on Road Hawks. He's no longer a member of the Buick Club so I don't have his contact information, but he is on Facebook now and then. I think he knows where to get the decals and may even have an extra set of them--not sure about that, but he is full of information about these cars.

• Thanks 1