For Sale: 1964 Mercury Monterey Breezeway 4dr Sedan, A/C - Project - $8,500 - Smithville, MO - Not Mine -Still Available, Price Reduced to $7,500: 1-19-2023:

For Sale: 1964 Mercury Monterey Breezeway 4dr Sedan, A/C - Project - $8,500 - Smithville, MO - Still Available, Price Reduced to $7,500: 1-19-2023: See New Link Below.

1964 Mercury Monterey Breezeway Sedan - cars & trucks - by owner -... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

Up for sale is my 1964 Mercury Monterey Breezeway Sedan. This car has 103,430 original miles as of the ad posting and will possibly go up as we do take it out on the weekends. Clean & clear Missouri title in hand. I am the third owner and have some registration paperwork dating back to the 60’s from the original owners. This car was built in St. Louis in late 1963 and lived its life in Lawrence KS, the 1970’s KU parking pass and high school stickers are still in the window, I didn’t want to remove any of it for the nostalgia.
Everything in the car works except the AC and Radio (ac pulley spins freely though, and fans blow on all speeds so it might just need charged).
Finished in Fawn exterior with tan interior, this is a 390 big block, Holley 500 2 barrel, 3spd Merc-O-Matic car optioned with AC & PS. I’ve gone through and done a full tune up with fluids/filters with period correct parts. Previous owner did new KYB shocks and drum brakes. It runs, shifts, stops, and drives just fine but I don’t take it on far trips, just putt around town in it. I would recommend trailering it just because of the age however we can take it down the road for a test drive if you’re a serious buyer with cash in hand.
Included is all new brake & fuel lines and PS hoses/fittings from Shafer’s Customs out of Tampa FL made specifically for this car. I have new ball joints for it (upper and lower) and a Speedway motors electronic ignition upgrade that’ll go with it too that I haven’t got around to installing. There is a period correct slip on muffler for it, however it currently is just dumped out the back for all that big block noise. I installed six new interior matching Retro Belt seatbelts in the car over the summer. It has new lights/bulbs, glass fuses, and brake light bulbs installed as well. It does need a front driver turn signal bulb since it is seized in the housing, and I didn’t want to damage it for removal. Recently installed new Tiger Paw tires, not even 400~ miles on them. Fresh oil change as well.
I recently took it to a restoration shop and the owners were shocked at how straight the body is, lack of rust and a solid frame, the ease of the doors opening/closing, all of the original windows felt is still intact, a really good example of a mostly untouched six-decade old car. It isn’t perfect by any means, but it is a solid car. I get more questions/comments from people going down memory lane with this car than anything else I’ve ever owned. You really don’t see many of them anymore and this is a really cool survivor…the working electronic breezeway window is awesome.
Reason for selling is we are possibly moving soon, and I wouldn’t be able to take this with us and I’d like to see it go to someone who could button it up and really enjoy it. Price is cash only, no trades, however I am open to cash offers, but no low Ballers please.  Thanks for looking!
Copy and paste in your email: 922fe271dcd33f0bac0df462be9bb29b@sale.craigslist.org
I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1964 Mercury Monterey Breezeway 4dr Sedan - Project.

'64 Mercury Monterey Breezeway MO a.jpg

'64 Mercury Monterey Breezeway MO b.jpg

'64 Mercury Monterey Breezeway MO c.jpg

'64 Mercury Monterey Breezeway MO d.jpg

'64 Mercury Monterey Breezeway MO e.jpg

'64 Mercury Monterey Breezeway MO f.jpg

'64 Mercury Monterey Breezeway MO g.jpg

'64 Mercury Monterey Breezeway MO h.jpg

'64 Mercury Monterey Breezeway MO i.jpg

'64 Mercury Monterey Breezeway MO j.jpg

'64 Mercury Monterey Breezeway MO k.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Still Available, Price Reduced to $7,500: 1-19-2023: Crossed out the dead CL link. (see edit history)

On 10/23/2022 at 8:32 PM, John_S_in_Penna said:

I like the style and the operable rear window.

I'd like to see an example in excellent condition.

The seller will learn that high-mileage 4-door sedans

in "project" condition don't bring $8500.  Maybe

$2000?  If he gets $3000, he should be very happy.

John:

I wasn't going to repost this Mercury until I read this:

"Reason for selling is we are possibly moving soon, and I wouldn’t be able to take this with us and I’d like to see it go to someone who could button it up and really enjoy it."

As the moving date closes in, reality will set-in as well.  Someone may then buy this Mercury for the $2K-$3K that is really what it's worth.  Although it's a base Monterey, the power steering, power brakes and especially air conditioning are a plus.

Steve

• Like 2

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1964 Mercury Monterey Breezeway 4dr Sedan, A/C - Project - $8,500 - Smithville, MO - Not Mine -Still Available, Price Reduced to $7,500: 1-19-2023:

Still Available, Price Reduced to $7,500: 1-19-2023:

1964 Mercury Monterey Breezeway - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)

Seller's Description:

Same as above, except:

Reason for selling is we are possibly moving soon and I wouldn’t be able to take this with us and I’d like to see it go to someone who could button it up and really enjoy it. Price is $7500 cash only, no trades, however I am open to offers.  Thanks for looking!

Copy and paste in your email: 0e41d90fb04b33d3bde6b28d68cee2af@sale.craigslist.org

• Like 1